ART American Art Before WWII
Assignment: Prewar Modernism in North America and Cuba
Please answer each the following 6 questions in a minimum of FOUR or more sentences. You must reference a page number from the text (e.g. “p. 12) or indicate the video (e.g. “Haussmann video”) you are drawing your information from.
1. What is a mobile? Which modern artist is most associated with the object type? How do mobiles relate to other modernist art movements, notably Cubism and Futurism?
2. What is the point of Grant Wood’s American Gothic? What are we supposed to think of the people in the painting? Why did he paint in a Renaissance painting style instead of a modernist one?
3. What was Mexican Muralism? What were the goals of Mexican Muralists like Diego Rivera?
4. How did modernism influence architecture? Select one example and describe the features that show modernist influences.
5. What is the significance of 291 for modern art in the United States? Describe its lasting impact on American society.
6. How were documentary photographers like Jacob Riis related to “Ashcan School” realist painters like Robert Henri? Compare and contrast their work and its vision of the modern city
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more