Directions: Read the questions below and formulate a response to each that is at least one hundred words in length. Please cite the textbook and external resources to support your answer (Wikipedia sources are not permitted). List each resource used at the end of paper in the reference list section. Please remember that you may utilize LIRN to help you search for resources. You can visit the Academic Resource Center for a guide on how to utilize LIRN successfully.
1. Describe two methods used by anthropologists to study culture change.
2. Explain how and why tradition can be a serious barrier to culture change.
3. What two things did the caseworker do correctly when he tried to introduce the new hybrid corn to the community in New Mexico?
4. How was tradition a barrier to culture change for the Raikas?
5. List and describe three common negative outcomes of development projects.
6. What are three central concepts in anthropology that can be used in applied situations to give a new perspective on problems and issues?
7. What do business people typically mean when they use the term corporate culture?
8. What did research by medical anthropologists reveal about the folk disease called “susto”?
9. Discuss two successful strategies that were part of Gerald Murray’s program for reforestation in Haiti.
10. What do applied anthropologists do?
PART II: Journal #1
Using a minimum of two resources (Wikipedia.com is not an option) write a 1 to 2 page paper in APA format to present an argument to support the thesis that cultural barriers to change are the most important barriers. Support your argument with speciﬁc examples from the cases presented here and in other course assignments.
PART III: Journal #2
Using a minimum of two resources (Wikipedia.com is not an option) write a 1 to 2 page paper in APA format to examine how an understanding of the culture concept can be useful in solving problems in business, health care, and development programs. Cite and discuss a speciﬁc real time example.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more