Present both the argument from Anselm and the criticism from Kant, about God’s existence. This requires you to present both the argument from Anselm and the criticism from Kant. Is the critic’s objection a good philosophical objection?
(You should have a rough idea what that means
by now. If you do not, you’re in trouble.)
Given your evaluation, should Kant have believed in God’s
existence? Justify your answer. What does your answer mean for the
rest of us? May anyone be justified in believing in God’s existence?
This is a 4 to 5 page paper, though you may certainly write more than
that. Cite the text to support your claims. Write the paper is if it
were a college paper. See the rubric for guidance.
1. Does this paper identify have a clear thesis? (5%)2. Does this paper contain only relevant information? Are the citations completed properly? (5%)
3. Does the paper attribute the correct view to the philosophers in question? (10%)
4. Is/are the philosopher’s view presented with the appropriate level of detail?(For example, does the author explain concepts and arguments in a tight manner, or are the arguments and concepts merely sketched?)(25%)
5. Does the author present a clear argument in his/her discussion? (15%)
6. Does the paper cohere? Or, is the paper a hodgepodge of disparate ideas? (10%)
7. Does the conclusion tie together the different phases of the paper? Or, is the conclusion anon-sequitur? (5%)
8. Are the spelling, grammar and syntax on the college level? (5%)
9. Does the author make appropriate and accurate use of course concepts in constructing his or her discussion? (20%) Intangibles: Is the paper on the assigned topic? Is it the author’s own work?