For companies that have a mission of selling, a major objective is to motivate the salespeople. While there are many factors that go into motivating these people, one of the primary factors is the compensation plan that describes how they will be rewarded. Research a large organization’s sales force and its compensation plan.
Write a seven to eight (7-8) page paper in which you:
1. Review the five (5) total rewards components outlined by WorldatWork and discuss how the components can be used to motivate the sales force to achieve high performance. Be specific.
2. Describe the behaviors of the sales force that are targeted with the compensation plan.
3. Define value proposition and assess how a value proposition is achieved for current and future employees leveraging a total rewards package.
4. Based upon the type of plan you may create or WorldatWork’s model, indicate how attracted you think future salespeople may be to this plan and why.
5. Use at least four (4) quality academic resources in this assignment preferably from http://research.strayer.edu Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; paragraphs are properly indented and all lines of information double-spaced; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
· Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
· Analyze an organization’s strategy, workforce, operating environment, and key stakeholders to identify critical factors in designing a total rewards strategy.
· Evaluate organizational policies that facilitate the administration of benefits.
· Use technology and information resources to research issues in total rewards.
· Write clearly and concisely about total rewards using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.