need typed in APA Format by Monday September 11, 2017.
Case Study 4
Will You Hire This Applicant?
You are the HR Director of one of the most prestigious Computer Company. Your CEO recently fired the Executive Vice-President (EVP) of your company who was supposed to be the most qualified person to replace the CEO who is retiring in three years. You have been tasked to look for a replacement who would be the best person to assume the responsibilities of the EVP and would be able to take over the CEO after he retires. Among the important qualifications that the candidate must possess are the following:
1. Demonstrated team building and leadership skills
2. “Out of the box thinker” must be key driver contributing to the products development and willing to take innovative product risk.
3. Manage diverse, simultaneous projects of varying complexities.
4. Strong relationship management, strategy development, project management, problem-solving and change management skills.
5. Professional and positive approach, self-motivated, strong in building relationships, team player, dynamic, creative with the ability to work on own initiative.
A colleague of yours from another computer company suggested a candidate who used to work as a Vice-President of a progressive multi-national computer company who was looking for a job. He described him as follows:
“He acts without thinking and with bad judgment. . . . He does not give credit where due. . . . Very often, when told of a new idea, he will immediately attack it and say that it is worthless or even stupid and tell you that it was a waste of time to work on it. This alone is bad management, but, if the idea is a good one, he will soon be telling people about it as though it was his own. At the same time, he’s a genius. His imaginative leaps are instinctive, unexpected, and at times magical.”
1. Will you consider to interview this person? Why and why not?
2. Will you hire this person? Why or why not?
3. On page 189 of the textbook is a list of Commonly Found Perceptual Errors (Table 7-2.). If you rejected this person when he could be a winne,r or if you hired this person when he is a loser, which of the five perceptual errors were you guilty of?
Please explain your justifications
Willing to pay $15.00
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more