*DUE 10/9/19 @5PM*
MUST BE A MINIMUM OF 4 PAGES 1200 WORDS
• Consider examples of caring and/or examples of uncaring from the modality.
• Reflect on the class discussions and the ideas of the scholars discussed in relation to the story in the book or film.
• Reflect on the concept of nonviolence and ways in which this concept relates to the story in the book or film.
• The resulting connections and reflection should be compiled as a narrative writing.
Concise introductory summary of the book or film (1/2 page maximum)
Address the assignment prompts (see below)
Incorporate links or connections with our class content and discussions and the ideas of one or more of the scholars/themes
Provide specific examples from the book or film, including direct quotes, with corresponding citations
Minimum of 1200 words/4 pages
Include a title page. The title page is separate from the rest of the document and does not contribute to the final page count.
Times Roman Font – 12
Double space, 1-inch margins
Caring Analysis Assignment Prompts
1. Describe three main examples of caring or/and uncaring from the modality.
a. Connect your examples to one or more of the scholars/themes
b. Connect one or more of your examples to the concept of nonviolence.
2. Reflect on the meaning of this assignment:
a. In thinking about this assignment, what did you learn about yourself?
b. In thinking about this assignment, what did you learn about the human spirit and about human strengths and frailties?
c. What are some ways that caring behavior is facilitated? What are some obstacles to caring?
BOOK FOR THIS ASSIGNMENT IS:
The Pursuit of Happyness – (2006)- Adapted from the biography The Pursuit of Happyness by Chris Gardner (2006).
*DIRECTIONS, GRADING RUBRIC, AND ARTICLES FROM IN CLASS DISCUSSION FOR THIS ASSIGNMENT IS ATTACHED. PLEASE FOLLOW ALL DIRECTIONS AND REFER TO RUBRIC TO RECEIVE FULL CREDIT. BE SURE TO ADDRESS ALL PROMPTS*