· The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
· Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
· Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
· Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
· Late submission will NOT be accepted.
· Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
· All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
· Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
· This assignment is an individual assignment.
· Citing of references is also necessary.
· Identify major components of international business management (CLO 1.1)
· Discuss the reasons for and methods of governments’ intervention in trade (CLO 1.4)
· Understand processes of exporting and importing (Lo:7)
Read the Management Focus on, “NAFTA’s Tomato Wars,” available in your e-book (page no. 620), and answer the following questions:
1. Was the establishment of a minimum floor price for tomatoes consistent with the free trade principles enshrined in the NAFTA agreement?
2. Who benefits from the importation of tomatoes grown in Mexico? Who suffers? Give arguments in support of your answer.
3. Do you think that Mexican producers were dumping tomatoes in the United States? Give reasons.
4. What do you think will be the impact of the new higher floor price? Who benefits from the higher floor price? Who suffers? Give logics.
5. What do you think is the optimal government policy response here? Explain your answer.