Below are the steps used in data mining. Please provide why each of the steps listed below are important in data mining:
1. Business understanding
2. Data understanding
3. Data preparation
You must make at least two substantive responses to your classmates’ posts. Respond to these posts in any of the following ways:
· Build on something your classmate said.
· Explain why and how you see things differently.
· Ask a probing or clarifying question.
· Share an insight from having read your classmates’ postings.
· Offer and support an opinion.
· Validate an idea with your own experience.
· Expand on your classmates’ postings.
· Ask for evidence that supports the post.
Discussion Length (word count): At least 150 words
References: At least one peer-reviewed, scholarly journal references.
Classification: Alternative Techniques Assignment
Association Analysis: Basic Concepts and Algorithms Assignment
1) Define and provide an example of Rule Coverage and Accuracy.
2) What are the Characteristics of Rule-Based Classifier?
3) What do the steps to building a rule set consist in a Direct Method: RIPPER?
4) Describe what is used to separate data in Support Vector Machines.
5) Explain the components and the use of the Mining Association Rules.
6) List and Explain the three “Frequent Itemset Generation Strategies”?
7) In Rule Generation, how do you efficiently generate rules from frequent itemsets?
8) In Support-Based Pruning: Most of the ___________________ algorithms use support measure to ______ rules and itemsets. (Fill in the blanks)