Respond to the following in a minimum of 250 words:
This week focuses on criteria for calculating capital changes and consolidated financial statements.
The pharmaceutical industry spends billions of dollars each year on research and development. Rather than capitalize these R&D expenditures as intangible assets, companies are required to charge them to expense in the year incurred. Perform a key word search of pharmaceutical companies using the search engine of your choice. Select 2 of these companies and obtain their 10K report by using the SEC’s EDGAR system or going directly to the websites of the company you choose. For each company selected, determine:
1. Total R&D expense for the most current year
2. Total R&D expense as a percentage of totaloperating costs and expenses
3. Total R&D expense as a percentage of netsales
4. The percentage by which operating income wouldhave increased had the entire R&D expenditure been recorded as anintangible asset instead of being charged to expense.
5. Using information from the 10-K reports,summarize briefly the kinds of drugs being researched and developed by each ofthese companies. To a potentialninvestor, which company appears to be the most innovative and promising? Please explain.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more