Exercise 3: The Book of Faces
A brief situational statement:
As more social media networks become available and grow increasingly more popular, the number of people who have more than one social media site escalates. This brings up other interesting questions when analyzing the use of each by a single person or a group. Does the identity portrayed in each differ or is it relatively the same? What can we deduce, then, about the mediums in which we choose to create our virtual identities, and what can we say about virtual identity creation in general?
The steps of this exercise:
1. Pick a celebrity or someone in politics to follow online.
2. Find all the social media networking sites this person uses. Pick at least 2 with which to work.
3. For each medium, you will write a description of the types of texts produced by your celebrity. What topics does this person address? In what tone? Does he/she reply to fans? Does this page have personal information or is it merely publicity?
4. For each medium which allows photos, you will write a description of the types of photos this person publishes online. Are they personal or professional? Are they mostly alone or with others? Are the photos what one would deem appropriate for a person in his/her position?
5. For each medium you describe, you will then analyze the online character of the subject. By looking at the pictures posted or the rhetoric used, what can you deduce about the nature of this person?
6. Finally, you will describe the similarities and differences you noticed between the character portrayed in the various social media sites by the same person.
Details of this exercise:
1. This assignment, as always, will be typed in MLA format.
2. Double space and include a “Works Cited” page
3. You should have no less than 2 double-spaced pages, and no more than 4.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more