1. Read Chapter 3, pp. 47-59, in Academic Research and Writing
2. View https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFtdZTG2-OM, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q0NlWcTq1Y and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnTPv9PtOoo
3. Read the following articles in Academic Research and Writing, pp. 250-255:
“What Every Student Knows: Thou Shall Not Copy” by Robert Rivard;
“Rise of the Plagiosphere” by Ed Tenner:
“Forget about Policing Plagiarism. Just Teach,” Rebecca Moore Howard.
” Plagiarism Lines Blur for Students in Digital Age” by Trip Gabriel.
4. Optional Videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1S1FZ-bn5E and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7gaRtYl9Kg
Respond to the questions below.
1. Answer the seven (7) questions in “Focus Points: Original Ideas and Common Knowledge” on pp. 52-53 inAcademic Research and Writing.
2. What is the central message or thesis of the essays by Rivard, Tenner, Moore Howard and Gabriel? What evidence, list at least three examples, do (the authors) use to prove her/his thesis? Is her/his argument effective or does he prove his thesis?
3. Why is Rivard outraged at his colleague’s actions? Do you think his reaction is fair?
4. What is “plagiosphere”? To what does Tenner compare it in order to explain its impact and importance? Do you think this is an effective comparison?
5. What distinctions among “types” of plagiarism does Moore Howard discuss? What is her purpose for distinguishing among the types? What is the impact of these distinctions on her argument and your understanding of plagiarism?
6. According to Gabriel, how do college students conceive of authorship in the “digital age”? Does this conception of it resonate to you?
7. Based on having viewed the videos, read the chapter in the textbook and articles, provide a robust and evidence-based definition of plagiarism. Use quotes or paraphrase from at least three of the resources discussed above to support your definition.
8. Provide a contemporary (in the last five to ten years) example of plagiarism in the public space. Discuss the way your example connects with the ideas you have explored in the readings for this discussion board.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more