Persuasive Essay Rough Draft
This essay explores the persuasive mode, one of the more common kinds of writing you’ll experience throughout your college and professional career. Your goal is to persuade your audience to consider your position on a controversial, two-sided subject.
This five paragraph persuasive essay (introduction, 3 body paragraphs and a conclusion) is made up of the following:
· A clear persuasive thesis statement in the first paragraph after the topic is introduced and the importance of the issue is clear to the reader
· Logical transitions between the into, the body, and the conclusion
· Body paragraphs that support the persuasive thesis with evidence as well as address the opposing viewpoints
· A conclusion that wraps up all the information presented in the body
Utilize your pre-writing and outlining strategies from week two to help you organize and plan your essay. It is not required to have research and source material for this essay, though it can greatly help support your argument. Using sources shows how your ideas build upon the ideas of previous writers and why your claims merit consideration — because they are supported by credible experts in their field. If you do use source material from the EBSCO library, please give credit to the author with in-text citations and a references page using APA formatting.
The rough draft of your essay should contain the following basic features:
· A well-defined issue that is controversial by nature
· A clear thesis statement that demonstrates the position you will be taking throughout the essay
· A counter argument with at least one credible source defending the opposing viewpoint
· A refutation to or compromise with the counter argument
In addition to the above, the rough draft of your essay should be:
· From 500 to 700 words in length, typed in Times New Roman, 12pt. font, double-spaced, with one inch margins
· Written primarily in third person
· Edited for spelling, mechanical, grammatical, and typing errors
View your assignment rubric.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more