Read the dialog below. Answer the questions that follow.
Meet Lucy Fuego. Lucy is the C.E.O. of a large apparel company, called Serpentine Designs. Lucy’s company has “knocked off” or copied the t-shirt design of a smaller company.
The smaller company, called Creative Designs, is run by Eve. Eve is intimidated by the power, reach, and resources of Lucy’s company. However, Eve’s company is now losing money on a shirt that was one of her best sellers. Eve decides to email Lucy directly.
1. Eve: “Hi Lucy, Did you know that your creative team stole one of my t-shirt designs?”
2. Lucy: “Oh, Hi Eve. We didn’t steal your shirt, we simply knocked it off.”
3. Eve: “You copied the design, the color, the font; it’s the same shirt”
4. Lucy: “What can I tell you, Eve? We didn’t do anything illegal.”
5. Eve: “Well, you may not have done anything illegal, but that’s because the laws protecting designers haven’t been updated in over a century. But that’s not my point, whether what you did was legal or illegal; it was immoral.”
6. Lucy: “I’m sorry Eve, this is the culture of the fashion industry. And that shirt has been a big hit for us.”
7. Eve: “You’re making money, but I’m losing money.”
8. Lucy: “Well, that’s what matters here, money. I’m in this industry to make money. If the. roles were reversed, you’d do the same thing to me.”
9. Eve: “No, I wouldn’t. I understand money is a value, but it isn’t the highest or only value. I’m in this industry because this is my vocation; this is what gives my life meaning. This is a moral way for me to make money.”
10. Lucy: “Oh, Eve, that’s so cute; what a quaint idea. But this is the way the apparel industry functions, and it works for us. It gets us to where we want to go.”
11. Eve: “So, whatever makes you money is okay?”
12. Lucy: “Precisely, Eve. As long as it’s not illegal, it’s our guiding principle.”
13. Eve: “Well, some things are wrong even if they’re legal”
14. Lucy: “Oh, there’s that cute idea again. Hey, would consider coming to work for me? We could use that idea to sell a lot t-shirts?”
1. There is a conflict of values between Eve and Lucy. What is the conflict? In other words, what value does Lucy primarily represent and what value does Eve primarily represent? Defend your answer.
2. Is Lucy a utilitarian? Why or why not? Is Eve a utilitarian? Why or why not?
3. What is cultural relativism? What would or could a cultural relativist say about Lucy and Eve’s dispute?
4. What is a conception of The Good? What is Eve’s conception of The Good? What is Lucy’s conception of The Good? Defend your answer.
5. What is Lucy’s overall argument? What is Eve’s overall argument?
Please answer all the questions I need this asap.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more