No US Policy or anything related to the US.
This assignment is not required, but is offered for those who wish to add to their point totals.
For Assignment 2 the newspaper article you choose must have been published between January 26, 2019 and February 15, 2019.
Newspaper articles and commentaries are often used by historians as primary sources–as evidence for a topic they are writing about. So our newspapers of today will become primary sources for historians in the future. See pages 5-6 in your syllabus for specific instructions on how to do these assignments and receive all of the 25 points.
Be sure to submit your file to BOTH Blackboard and Turnitin in order to get these points.
The region for the article selection for this assignment is the Middle East [Turkey, Syria, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Israel, Kuwait, Palestine, UAE, Yemen, Oman, Saudi Arabia]. Not refugees to the U.S. from there; not U.S. policy toward that region.
There are question that need to be answer throughout the paper.
The assignments consist of finding a newspaper article that appears during the time period of the course listed in the assignment, either in a local paper or in an on-line newspaper such as the New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Chicago Sun Times, Washington Post, Greenwood Commonwealth or any other United States or English language newspaper. This means CNN, yahoo, Fox News, MSNBC, Huffington Post, etc. are not eligible for these assignments. ONLY NEWSPAPERS/NEWSPAPER websites. Each article must have some discussion of, or allusion to, a region of the world designated for that particular assignment—See Assignments Tab as the regions change for each assignment. These are not articles on the U.S., U.S. policy in that region or immigrants from that region to the U.S.
1. These articles must come from newspapers, not websites unconnected to a print paper.
2. Cite the article [Title of the article, author [if given], name of the newspaper, date of publication] AT THE TOP OF YOUR PAPER. Put your name at the top of the paper, as well. No repeat headers allowed in your papers.
3. You are to summarize the article and the point of view of the author.
5. Then indicate whether you agree or disagree with what is presented and whether your textbook sheds any light on the subject—use the index and cite the textbook pages.
6. Comment on how history is “used” by contemporary authors to support their points of view or illustrate subject matters they deal with.
7. Have you learned anything from the article?
8. Finally, and most importantly, what are the specific sources the author(s) cite(s)/uses to support the article?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more