2. Find the future value of $10,000 invested now after five years if the annual interest rate is 8 percent.
a.What would be the future value if the interest rate is a simple interest rate?b.What would be the future value if the interest rate is a compound interest rate?
3. Determine the future values if $5,000 is invested in each of the following situations:
a.5 percent for ten years
b.7 percent for seven years
c.9 percent for four years
4. You are planning to invest $2,500 today for three years at a nominal interest rate of 9 percent with annual compounding.
a.What would be the future value of your investment?
b.Now assume that inflation is expected to be 3 percent per year over the same three-year period. What would be the investment’s future value in terms of purchasing power?
c.What would be the investment’s future value in terms of purchasing power if inflation occurs at a 9 percent annual rate?
5. Find the present value of $7,000 to be received one year from now, assuming a 3 percent annual discount interest rate. Also calculate the present value if the $7,000 is received after two years
7. Determine the present value if $15,000 is to be received at the end of eight years and the discount rate is 9 percent. How would your answer change if you had to wait six years to receive the $15,000?
16. Use a financial calculator or computer software program to answer the following questions:
a.What would be the future value of $15,555 invested now if it earns interest at 14.5 percent for seven years?
b.What would be the future value of $19,378 invested now if the money remains deposited for eight years and the annual interest rate is 18 percent?
17. Use a financial calculator or computer software program to answer the following questions:
a.What is the present value of $359,000 that is to be received at the end of 23 years if the discount rate is 11 percent?
b.How would your answer change in (a) if the $359,000 is to be received at the end of 20 years?
19. Use a financial calculator or computer software program to answer the following questions.
a.What would be the future value of $19,378 invested now if the money remains deposited for eight years, the annual interest rate is 18 percent, and interest on the investment is compounded semi-annually?
b.How would your answer for (a) change if quarterly compounding were used?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more