In the past weeks, you have examined and explored the challenges and issues facing delivery of public health services in a given community and across the nation. The goal of public health is to prevent disease and promote health.
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
FOR APLUS WRITER ONLY !
: : Essay Fountain
For as little as $15/Page
To that end, take a moment to review your own communities health needs through a purview of current events, your own setting by informally interviewing public health professionals, or reviewing national databases like the ones listed below:
(2015). Retrieved from http://www.americashealthrankings.org/
The Commonwealth Fund. (2015). .
Retrieved from http://datacenter.commonwealthfund.org/#ind=1/sc=1
For this discussion, you are asked to do the following:
- Describe a significanat health issue in new york city
- Compare its significance to the national priorities of Healthy People 2020 goals (is it a national priority or just one found in your state/community).
- Explain what type of effort it will take to fully address it (leadership skills, financing, organizational buy-in, stakeholders, perceptions, barriers)
- Evaluate the efforts YOU can take to address this issue. (As a public health practitioner, what is YOUR role such as: Will you develop, lead or be part of a public health program to address the issue? Will you work on financing, organizational buy-in, stakeholders…what are you going to do to address this concern?)
This is a continuation of your final project, which you started in Week 3 (ATTACHED FILE). This last piece involves an analysis of how your individual’s contribution from the past continues to contribute to today’s public health system and how it might guide future work within the industry. As you recall, in week 3, you researched an individual and their contribution to community and public health. To begin, you need to review the feedback given to you from Week 3. Then, make the necessary revisions to Part I of this project. Then, you will be adding the second half to your project.
Follow this outline to help formulate your paper or presentation:
ACTION: Make sure you review all the feedback from your Week 3 (Part I) assignment and apply any necessary revisions. Your week 3 assignment should have included each of the following elements:
GRADED ELEMENT : Describe your selected person’s experience
GRADED ELEMENT : Analyze the climate of the time period in terms of political, socioeconomic, environmental and technological context in which this person worked.
GRADED ELEMENT : Examine the personal beliefs of your person that prompted this work.
GRADED ELEMENT : Examine how this individual overcame any adversities to succeed in his/her task.
GRADED ELEMENT : Describe the final outcome of this individual’s contribution to community and/or public health.
GRADED ELEMENT : Explain what his/her contribution did for overall community and/or public health at the time.
GRADED ELEMENT : Explain why this contribution was so important at that particular point in history.
ACTION: Think about the individual’s contribution to community/public health
GRADED ELEMENT : Analyze the impact of your individual’s contribution on today’s public health system.
- HELP: You are asking “what happened as a result of this contribution at the national and community level?” For example, some elements you could address include:
- did it change attitudes
- did it change protocols and policies
- did behavior change result
- did it add/eliminate laws
GRADED ELEMENT : Analyze how this contribution is still relevant today
HELP: Was this contribution only applicable at the time it occurred, or is it still applied today? Why or why not? Explain your response
GRADED ELEMENT : Examine how this contribution could support or be expanded for future community and public health benefits
HELP: Using solid critical thinking, look at the historical value of the contribution and examine how it could be used for the future (is it applicable to another health issue, can it lead to more policy change, could it promote advocacy work or public health laws, etc.)
Format 1: Written Paper
- Must be at least 6 pages in length (not including title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Students name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least eight scholarly sources (one of those may be the course text).
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Order your essay today and save 25% with the discount code: THANKYOU