Chapters 12 & 13
Read Chapter 12 and answer the following questions:
1. List four (4) common goals acceptable to most programs. List five (5) additional Common Core goals.
2. Define discourse skills.
3. List seven (7) attitudes and behaviors that cultivate conversation.
4. List six (6) suggestions for maintaining a classroom atmosphere that encourages children to speak.
5. List and explain seven (7) uses of speech in social situations.
6. List six (6) key functions of language children use to demonstrate communication competence.
7. List several behaviors a teacher should avoid during student conversations.
8. Explain the use of sign systems.
9. List several traits of an authentic teacher.
10. Define expressive jargon.
11. Pick two (2) guidelines (page 330-331) that help children develop their speaking ability and comment specifically on how you could use this suggestion.
12. Define recasting.
13. Pick three (3) of the twelve (12) indicators of intelligent behavior characteristics. List and describe the indicator. Relate an experience with a child that illustrates each indicator.
14. Why should a teacher develop questioning skills?
15. List eight (8) main types of teacher questions.
16. Define convergent thinking and divergent thinking.
17. Define dramatic play.
18. List several ideas for dramatic play kits.
19. What is the teacher’s role in dramatic play?
20. List several helpful hints for conducting show-and-tell.
21. How can children be involved in leading activities?
Read Chapter 13 and answer the following questions:
1. Define circle time.
2. What is the purpose of circle time?
3. List four (4) readiness skills as suggested by Gamel-McCormick and Blair.
4. What are some things to remember when planning small group time?
5. Define transitional statements.
6. List nine (9) suggestions for a successful circle time.
7. Define chants. How can chants be used in circle time?
8. What are finger plays?
Continue work on your resource file of books.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more