The Clash of Civilizations
According to Huntington (1993), “civilization identity will become increasingly important to future generations likely contributing to the most significant conflicts.” He believed that culture and cultural identities, which at the broadest level are civilization identities, are shaping the patterns of cohesion, disintegration, and conflict in the post–Cold War world. Today, the United States (be sure to always put “the” in front of US if it is used as an acronym) finds itself involved in two major and highly unpopular wars, one of the worst economies in decades, and a less-than-stellar international reputation where issues of homeland security are raising questions about its commitment to equality and diversity.
This assignment provides a foundation for you to understand the global hegemonic threats to the United States and how global inequity, poverty, hunger, and malnutrition are creating an imbalance in global power.
For this assignment, research the clash of civilizations theory. Prepare a 3- to 5-page paper explaining the clash of civilizations theory and provide an in-depth discussion of your own hypothesis on which specific major civilization will replace the United States as the dominant global power in the future.
- Research the Argosy University online library resources to examine the clash of civilizations theory and cite and document the sources you find to establish your researched facts. Ensure you provide enough content to thoroughly explain the theory and each major civilization you plan to include in your hypothesis.
- Choose one major civilization and provide clear concepts to support your assessment for your hypothesis on how the civilization you have selected is a threat to US hegemony.
- Use a minimum of three academic sources in your report, all from the Argosy University online library resources.
Compile your report, including all information researched, and prepare a submission paper in accordance with the following guidelines:
- This paper is to be in APA format, with a cover sheet and a reference page at the end.
- The paper is 3 to 5 pages in length. This length does not include your cover sheet or reference page.
- The font is Times New Roman, and the font size is 12 point.
4 years ago
- Melissa Owens
- Course Project Part III_ – Copy
- Cooperpative learning versus Group Work
- Conflicts in Monetary Policy
- Would it be smarter to pay off debt using the $15 million rather than executing a dividend or payback?
- need answer to this question
- Weapons of Mass Destruction 7 FOR PROF JAMES KEVIN ONLY
- Unit 2 DB
- BIO 115 quiz 5
- ACC 545 Week 3 Individual Assignment