***There are five questions worth twenty points each.
All answers must have 15-20 sentences, with an introductory sentence and concluding sentence. Make sure to cite your sources like a term paper. Use lots of facts when you analyze and explain your answers. No personal pronouns. Points are based upon content, analysis, clarity and spelling/grammar.
***Book chapters are attached too.
1. For thousands of years Native Californians, before the Spanish arrived, lived as close to an earthly paradise as possible. Explain. (Ch. 2)
Read chapter 2, analyze and explain about: Plenty of food sources, little conflict, lots of room, little disease/sickness
2. Compare and contrast the lives of the mission Indians with those of the wealthy Californios. How did secularization of the missions hurt the Natives, but helped the Californios? (Ch. 8)
Read chapter 8, analyze and explain about: Compare the lives and living circumstances of the mission Indians with the wealthy Californios.
Rodeos, rancho society, acreage owned. Explain what secularization did to the Indians and for the Californios.
3. Explain what outsiders, such as American sailors and businessmen, might have seen and not seen in Mexican California. Now analyze Richard Henry Dana’s quote, “In the hands of an enterprising people, what a land this might be.”(Ch. 8-9)
Read chapter 8 and 9 analyze and explain about: “Revolutions,” rodeos, siestas, no education, no real commerce, no industry, etc. Write of
California’s potential in American eyes and how this helped lead to the US coveting it.
4. Before declaring war on Mexico, what other attempts did the U.S. use to acquire California?(Ch. 9)
Read chapter 9, analyze and explain about: Polk-Larkin Plan, Charles Fremont, John Slidell, etc.
5. Explain the difference between the discovery of gold and of the Gold Rush. Now analyze how the Gold Rush was an economic multiplier for California. (Ch. 11)
Read chapter 11, analyze and explain about: Sam Brannan, Levi Strauss, Wells Fargo, John Marshall, John Sutter
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more