HR Management test questions
1. Describe the employment-at-will doctrine. – This is a common-law doctrine stating that employers have the right to hire, fire, demote, or promote whomever they choose, unless there is a law or a contract to the contrary.
2. List four major laws enacted since 1960 that directly impact the Human Resources function. Briefly describe each.
– Family and Medical Leave Act – Allows eligible employees to take up to 12 weeks of leave for their serious health conditions or the birth or adoption of a child. . Injured employees may ask to use that leave time in addition to the leave time allowed under worker’ comp, even if it is unpaid.
– Americans with Disabilities Act – Prohibits discrimination based on disability
– Occupational Safety and Health Act – passed “to assure so far as possible every working man woman in the nation safe and healthful working conditions and preserve our human resources.”
– Equal Pay Act of 1963 – Tries to depress sex discrimination as related to pay and commerce in the workplace.
3. Explain how a firm’s human resources influence organizational performance. –
4. Describe how firms can use HR initiatives to cope with workplaces changes and trends such as a more diverse workforce, the global economy, downsizing, and new legislation.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more