You have been hired by XYZ as a management consultant. They are a non-union company; however, they are currently facing a union organizing campaign. You have been asked to write a briefing memo for senior management. Your memo must address:
1. What are the basic differences, from the employer’s viewpoint, in operating in a union-free environment vs. a unionized environment? (In other words, the managers of this company do not have experience working as a manager in a union workplace. What might change with a collective bargaining contract?)
2. What are management representatives permitted to say and do during the campaign? What, if any, actions or statements by management are prohibited?
3. What are possible ramifications of manager actions that are not permitted?
4. What are illegal union behaviors that management must identify?
5. What factors must management consider in deciding on whether or not they will conduct an anti-union campaign?
In responding, you must use three references. They should be from a scholarly journal or credible news source preferably not older than five years.
Use Headings to separate the sections of the paper,
Double-space, Times New Roman font,
APA format and In-text Citations.
The following comments are based on the most frequent errors made by students.
This paper is to be completed as a memo. This means you will use a memo format such as: TO: FROM: DATE: SUBJECT:
This is a memo to management. It addresses management issues.
You are a management consultant with a contract to educate and prepare management staff for a union campaign. This is not a memo to union members. You are not advising employees.
Create your management consultant company name and introduce yourself to your intended audience.
Remember, your advice to management personnel will guide their decision making and behavior during a campaign for union election.
Please make certain that you respond to each question completely. Visualize yourself presenting this to supervisors, managers and board members who have no experience with employee campaigns for unionization.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more