This week we are covering the Tannenbaum article and Favre, Chapter 5 on state regulation of ownership.
Jerrold Tannenbaum, “Animals and the Law: Property, Cruelty, Rights,” Social Research Vol. 62, No. 3 (Fall 1995), pp. 539-59.
What is Tannenbaum’s thesis?
In the first portion of the Tannenbaum article, what does he contend is the problem with the “activist” view of animals-as-property?
What is the historical distinction between wild and domestic animals?
What role has the concept of “cruelty” played in the legal history of human-animals relations?
Does Tannenbaum believe cruelty laws have achieved what their proponents sought? Why or why not?
Favre, Chapter 5
1. Define the police power. (Use your own words.)
2. What are the constitutional limits identified in the text on the state’s police powers? What are the provisions / amendments in the Constitution often cited as the source of these limits?
3. What is a nuisance?
4. How does zoning power affect the treatment of animals, as evidenced in the chapter reading?
5. What is “dangerousness”? Is this an easily discernible, identifiable legal term?
6. How does the 4th Amendment to the Constitution apply to pets, as evidenced in the reading?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more