Examining Exemplary Leaders in Managing Diversity
The purpose of this assignment is to examine the significance of authentic leadership commitment when managing diversity. Begin by selecting ONE (1) of the past or present organization leaders listed below as the topic for your essay:
* Ajay Banga, MasterCard
*Kenneth Chenault, American Express
* Carlos Ghosn, Nissan Motor Company
*Indra Nooyi, PepsiCo
*Meg Whitman, Hewlett Packard (HP)
For this assignment, write a minimum of three pages complete full pages. Incorporate at least three sources to support the ideas you present in your essay. These sources may be drawn from the Unit Lesson or Required Reading, but at least one of the three sources must be another article or e-book an Online Library, which you will locate independently.
Include an introduction as well as the following elements in your essay. Please use headings that correspond to these elements:
1. Leader’s Background: What is the professional background of this leader? Is there any personal information or experience that led to his or her passion for managing diversity?
2. Former Status of Diversity in the Organization: Describe the status of the organization before the leader became a part of the organization. What role did diversity play before this leader came on-board?
3. Leader’s Approach to Diversity and Inclusion: What is the leader’s perspective or philosophy on diversity management? What were the diversity-related goals implemented by the leader? How does the leader put that philosophy into practice, as his/her approach to diversity management? Which strategies did the leader implement to transform the way in which the organization managed diversity?
4. Leader’s Diversity Management Outcomes: What is the current status of the organization, in terms of diversity and inclusion? How did this leader impact the organization’s overall success?
5. Conclusion: Summarize the points you presented in your paper, and provide any concluding remarks.
Your paper should be in APA style, be sure to cite all your sources
Unit Lesson References:
Groysberg, B., & Connolly, K. (2013). Great leaders who make the mix work. Harvard Business Review, 91(9), 68-76.
Cantas, K. A., & Sondak, H. (2014). Opportunities and challenges of workplace diversity: Theory, cases and exercises. (3rd ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall.
Miller, R. K., & Washington, K. (2013). Gender focus: Female consumers. Consumer Behavior, 236-240.
Torchia, M., Calabra, A., & Huse, M. (2011). Women directors on corporate boards: From tokenism to critical mass. Journal of Business Ethics, 102(2), 299-317.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more