This assignment entails producing a college level research paper that is at least five (5) FULL pages (not including title page and reference list), to test knowledge and assimilation of the course objectives.
In this course we focus on the private sector’s role related to our nation’s critical infrastructure, as well as the necessity of ensuring the goods and services they offer are provided in an uninterrupted manner. The combination of these two issues will serve as the primary focus of this written assignment.
First, select one (1) of the following critical infrastructure sectors that you have an interest in (links take you to their sector specific plans). Chemical, Commercial Facilities, Communications, Critical Manufacturing, Dams, Energy, Financials Services, Food and Agriculture, Healthcare and Public Health, Information Technology, Transportation Systems, Water Systems.
Then discuss the most prevalent threats your chosen sector currently faces, as well as how a private sector organization within this sector could enhance its ability to provide its essential services when facing such threats and hazards. This latter section relates to private sector organization Continuity of Operations Planning, focused on current threats and hazards you address.
You can find the primary components of such a plan in the document Continuity Guidance Circular 1 (CGC 1) Continuity Guidance for Non-Federal Entities. Additional information concerning this assignment can be found below and attached.
Make sure you read the instructions carefully and that you focus your paper on answering the assigned questions. This assignment is a research paper, not an opinion paper, so you need to use scholarly sources to support your thesis. Use formal academic writing and do not use the first person such as I or my; see the OWL site on academic writing style. Make sure you use APA style in-text parenthetical citations at the end of every sentence where you are quoting another’s ideas (or any information) that is not your own thoughts and words, like this (Bergen, 2015, para 14). Citations are required for paraphrases as well, but not the page or paragraph number in that case. I highly recommend you use the APUS writing guide which can be found in the university library or at this link: APUS Research Writing and Style Guide. You are welcome to use supplementary sources to compliment the assigned readings based upon your research, but make sure you use scholarly and credible sources (do not use open websites and you never want to use wikipedia for a college level paper). Also, dictionaries and encyclopedias as well as general news sites (like CNN) are not appropriate for college level research papers. Do not cite the weekly lessons as those are only basic information to start off the topic with. You need to use mainly scholarly and reputable academic books and journal articles. Refer to the guide provided to you as an attachment here titled “How to find scholarly research sources for HLSS Courses.” Also, see the APUS Library Homeland Security Program Guide for good sources, as well as the APUS Research Primer and the APUS Library Research FAQs. For formatting, the best option is to use the attached example paper as a template (for formatting purposes only).
– Written according to the APA style and format;
– Use Times New Roman 12 point font;
– 1 inch margins on all sides with no paragraph indentation other than the first line by .5 inches
– Double space all text (no extra lines or spaces after a paragraph or section headings and no added font sizes or lines either)
– At least 5 FULL pages of content but no more than 6 pages.
– A respectable number of credible resources used, cited in the paper as in-text citations, and included on the reference page. A good rule of thumb is at least 2 scholarly sources per page of content (at least 10 scholarly references for this 5 page paper). Use those sources provided to you throughout the course (listed in the announcements), as well as other material obtained from conducting your own research. Freely utilize appropriate and reputable academic sources, summarize in your own words and cite accordingly.
2 years ago
- teacher Charles
- ANN HARRIS
- Angelina May
- hifsa shaukat
- BRENDAH LEE
- Rima Makenzie
- Prof Double R
- Expert Essay Writer
- brilliant answers
- Prof. Hadarv
- Catherine Owens
- PROF. KATELYN
- Wendy Lewis
- Honest Business Writer
- Rey writer
- phyllis young
- KATHERINE BECKS
- prof. Speedstar
- Young Kim hoods
- PROF washington watson
- kim woods
- guru answers
- Daisy Arabella
- Miss Professor
- Aabish Aabidah
- Epic Writer Phd
- Michelle Lewis Phd
- Prof. Kaylinlopez
- Dee the nerd
- Member of Congress
- Week 8 Discussion – Career Changes Experts predict that most people will undergo at least three major career changes in their working life. If so, why is project management an important skill set to master?
- Week 8 Discussion – Supplier Demands On Page 643 of your Heizer and Render text, review the ethical dilemma on Supplier Demands and the affordability of a RFID inventory management system. Write a comprehensive response to the scenario described and answ
- You can choose which ever proje
- Equation analyzing the relationship of total cost to changes in machine hours.
- hybrid autos
- spanish course
- Statistics/Management Science Project
- Grand Canyon NUR502 Week 5 Applying Theory to a Practice Problem Part 1