As you get further into your degree program, you probably are thinking more and more about your future career once you graduate. Luckily for you, Ashford University has a wonderful Career Services department that is full of resources to help you find the perfect fit once you graduate. In this journal you will have the chance to explore your own professional dispositions and how you can use the resources available through the Career Services department at Ashford University to help you on your career journey.
To prepare for this journal,
· Please refer to the Week One Guidance for further tips and examples that will support your success on this journal.
· Watch the video Discover Career Services at Ashford (Links to an external site.).
· Read the chosen resource about dispositions for your program of study from the table below:
Bachelor of Arts in Early Childhood Education Administration – Dispositions of School Leaders
In your journal,
· Describe which dispositions from your assigned article you perceive are your strengths and which ones are areas of opportunity for growth.
· Explain which resources from Ashford Career Service website (Links to an external site.) and the video Discover Career Services at Ashford you think will highlight your strengths and enhance your areas of growth.
· Discuss how reflecting on these ideas at this point in your degree program will help contribute your success in the program as a whole.
Suggested Assignment Length:
· One to two double-spaced pages (not including title and reference pages).
Research and Resource Expectations:
· Sources are not required for your journal assignments. However, if you need to cite information, you must cite in APA format and include a reference page. Refer to the In-Text Citation Guide (Links to an external site.) and the APA References List (Links to an external site.) created by the Writing Center.
Writing and Formatting Expectations:
· Syntax and Mechanics: Writing displays meticulous comprehension and organization of syntax and mechanics, such as spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Next Steps: Review and Submit the Assignment