Identifying a Research Topic for Your Paper
In clinical Psychology
Describe a proposed research topic and identify a school of thought that you think might align well with it. Your paper should be two pages of text (no abstract required, but do include a title page) and should include the following components:
· Identify a researchable topic appropriate for your specialization.
o Support your topic choice with research from a minimum of 3–5 resources.
· Defend your research topic as an area in your specialization needing further research.
· Relate your research topic to an appropriate school of thought.
· Develop questions to be asked that are related to the chosen topic.
o These are not questioning you might ask study participants—rather, they are questions you wish to answer through the research study.
· Describe how the values and practices of the identified school of thought fit the selected topic.
· Length: Your topic selection submission assignment should be two pages, typed and double spaced (excluding the cover page and references list). Include page numbers, headings, and a running header.
· References: At least 3–5 peer-reviewed resources.
· Formatting: Use correct APA style and formatting, paying particular attention to citations and references.
· Font size and type: 12-point Times New Roman.