1. Come up with a research topic and provide your reasoning for choosing such topic. (e.g., Clinical psychology)
2. Choose a population and a sample for your study.
a. (e.g., CSUSB students) (e.g., 100 students from psychology department)
3. Choose two ideas that you want to test (variables that you want to study).
a. e.g., Mindfulness
b. e.g., Depression
4. Provide a clear operationalized definition of the variables.
a. e.g., Mindfulness: deliberately paying attention to thoughts and feelings with curiosity.
b. e.g., Depression: persistent sadness about life due to lack of energy and interest
5. How do you plan to quantify or measure those variables? Develop at least 5 questions for each variable (total 10 questions) and choose a Likert scale for each question.
a. e.g., I am aware about my surroundings. (Mindfulness)
Likert scale: 1 = Not true at all – 7 = Always true.
b. e.g., I like to interact with people. (Depression
e.g., Likert scale: 1 = Not true at all – 7 = Always true.
6. How do you warrant that your measurement has strong reliability and validity? Provide a brief description of reliability and validity.
7. Which one is the independent variable and the dependent variable? How do you identify these two types of variables?
8. Formulate a clear, testable hypothesis.
a. “People with higher level of mindfulness are less likely to experience depressive symptoms.”
9. What else can affect the outcome of your prediction? Discuss briefly what are some confounding variables and possible biases.
10. Is your study correlational or causational? What makes a study correlational or causational? Provide a brief explanation for each type.
a. If your study design is correlational study, how do you determine if it positive or negative correlation?
b. If your study design is causational, what are some qualities that is required to make a causational (true experiment) study?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more