Design a Study
Psychologists are interested in many different issues. For this assignment, you will design a study for an area you are interested in. See the list of possible topics in the table below for some ideas of areas that can be related to behavior or mental processes. Then, compile your answers to the following questions in the form of an essay.
1. What research question is of interest to you? (Use the list below for some possible ideas. For example, a research question might be, “How does stress affect pregnancy outcomes?” Your question should be open ended, not a “yes-or-no” question.)
2. Which research method (correlational or experimental), would best address this question? Why?
3. What is your hypothesis regarding this question (what is your educated guess regarding the answer to your research question)?
4. Design and describe in detail a study that would improve our understanding of the problem that is of interest to you. Clearly identify the following:
a. If you chose experimental method:
i. independent variable
ii. dependent variable
iv. control group
v. experimental group
b. If you chose correlational method:
1. How will you operationalize your variables? (How will you specifically define and/or measure your variables?)
2. If you choose to use the experimental design, what treatments will your experimental and control groups receive?
3. What steps will you take to ensure that your study is within the guidelines for ethical research in psychology?
Remember, you do not have to pick any of these. They are just to help you get started:
brain functioning or damage/ stress and health /smoking or alcohol use / learning
memory/ intelligence/ language / pregnancy/experiences in childhood/ gender
depression / parenting / impact of social media / adolescence / romantic partnerships
grieving and death / exercise / culture
*Keep in mind that you are not doing the actual experiment, but creating the design and details for an experiment and how you would carry it out based on your selected topic.
Your response should be at least two pages, double spaced, with Times New Roman 12 pt. font. Your paper should also have a title page and references page in addition to the page requirement. Be sure to cite and reference any sources used, including your textbook, using APA style.
Information about accessing the Blackboard Grading Rubric for this assignment is provided below.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more