1. Describe the “Patchwork Metropolis”. What drives it? Why is it a serious concern? (You should find the answer in Chp 7 in the book of “The New Urban Crisis”, see attachment)
2. Per Florida, what is “slumurbia”. (This is word is in Chp 8, starting on page 153 “The New Urban Crisis” book. See attachment)
3. Florida argues that the conventional notion of “gentrification” relative to the new urban crisis is a bit of a red herring. How does he define gentrification, it causes and effects, and why does Florida think it is a red herring? (This you should find the answer in Chp 4 starting on page 57 “The New Urban Crisis” book, see attachment)
4. What is eminent domain, how do you see it as a tool for economic development and what liabilities/excesses are inherent in it? (You should find the answer in Chp 42 – Chp 45 in the book of “Eminent Domain and Economic Growth”, the link is https://www.vitalsource.com/)
5. What are your thoughts about the current immigration “crisis” at the southern border, and how do you see immigrants as a factor, or not, in the “new urban crisis”. (You should find the answer in Chp 38 – 41 in the book of “Immigration and America’s Cities, the link is https://www.vitalsource.com/)
6. Green describes some successful uses of “Smart cities” technology, such as Johnson County, Kansas. Why and how was this successful? (You should find the answer in Chp 7 in the book of “Smart Enough City, the kindle book. You should have the app already)
Note: Make sure your answers to the questions come from the reading. You can use other sources as well to support your answer. Write 3 pages, double space, use in-text citation, 12 fonts and Time Roman
Florida, Richard (2017). The New Urban Crisis, Basic Books.
Ben Green (2019). The Smart Enough City: Putting Technology in its Place To Reclaim Our Urban Future, MIT Press
Gonzalez, Joaquin Jay and Kemp, Roger L. (2016) Immigration and America’s Cities. McFarland and Co. Publishers.
Gonzalez, Joaquin Jay, Kemp, Roger L., and Rosenthal, Jonathan (2018). Eminent Domain and Economic Growth. McFarland and Co. Publishers
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more