Your task is to find a print advertisement from a prominent company that specializes in clothing, perfume, or cologne and then perform a semiotic critique. You may pick any contemporary ad you wish. A Google search will bring up a lot of ads to choose from. Attach the advertisement for reference (you can copy+paste it into your assignment). No commercials or videos!
Construct the context of the ad: Denotation/Signifiers
· What is the ad for? Explain the ad or the commercial in sufficient detail, noting all relevant signs.
· Who is the intended audience? How do you know this? How does this determine affect our perception of the image, its content, composition, mood, or emotional effect?
o What effect do the stylistic choices in the ad have on the audience (For Example: lighting, poses, props, background, etc.)
o Who is in the image? What relationship does this person have to the viewer? To himself/herself? To other figures in the image?
· Does the image follow a lineage or history that is significant for semiotic analysis?
· What message does this image convey to the viewer? Is this message the same for all viewers?
o How does the ad portray race, gender, and social class?
· What does this reveal about our cultural ideologies? Why is this supposed to be persuasive or entertaining? Is it part of a “happy script”?
o If applicable, are there any other additional or alternative interpretations in the signs?
Requirements: 2 pages , double spaced, times new roman, 1-inch margins.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more