A sociologist must be able to analyze racial and ethnic differences in different national contexts. Race and ethnicity are constructed differently in different places and at different times. For example, in the United States, race is defined in a way such that two children with the same biological parents cannot possibly be of different races. In contrast, some countries, such as the Dominican Republic, define race in a way that would allow for siblings (born of the same parents) to be placed into different racial categories. In order to develop this skill, you will select a particular country and analyze the ethnic stratification within that society.
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
SOC 308 Racial & Ethnic Groups week 5 finial paper
: Essay Fountain
For as little as $15/Page
For this assignment, you must focus on ethnic stratification and conflict, including evidence of prejudice and discrimination. In addition to a description of the selected society and its ethnic groups, include an analysis of similarities and differences in the society’s ethnic stratification system as compared to the United States.
You may select one of the countries on the CIA World Factbook website for comparison to the United States in terms of the ethnic stratification system.
The following information should be included in your Final Paper:
- Describe the selected country’s society, focusing on ethnic groups, stratification, and conflict.
- Provide examples of the ethnic problems in that society, including evidence of prejudice and discrimination.
- Discuss what the experts say about ethnic problems (or ethnic harmony) in the selected country’s society.
- Compare the selected country’s society to society in the United States. Evaluate similarities and differences related to ethnic groups, stratification, and conflict, using specific examples gathered in your research.
- Conclude with reflections and thoughts about ethnic groups and the societies in which we live.
Academic research papers must meet certain standards of quality recognized by the academic community. What constitutes quality, academic research?
- Primary (original) sources written by experts in the field of study.
- Secondary sources supported by research in primary sources.
- Credible sources (experts in the field; well-known theorists; sources which use primary and secondary sources to support claims).
- Relevant research (materials are pertinent to the area of study).
- In graduate work, the use of peer-reviewed journal articles (journal articles reviewed by recognized experts in the relevant field of study) is required.
- Educational and government websites (those ending with a web URL suffix of .edu or .gov) may be appropriate in some cases but should be evaluated carefully.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper
- Must be eight to 10 double-spaced pages in length (excluding title and reference pages), and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least seven scholarly resources, including a minimum of three from the Ashford University Library, as well as the primary text.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- I was thinking that we could write on Africia but is you see anything different that you like you can use it. if it is easyer for you.
Order your essay today and save 25% with the discount code: THANKYOU