Learning is the process by which individuals acquire the purchase and consumption knowledge and experience they apply to future related behavior.
* Consumer learning is a process: it continually evolves and changes as a result of newly acquired knowledge (which may be gained by reading
a observation or thinking) or from actual experience.
* The newly acquired knowledge and experience serve as feedback to the consumers, and are the foundation upon which they will base their behavior in similar situations in the future.
This is what makes learning different from instinctive behavior.
* The role of experience in learning does not mean that all learning is deliberately sought. Much learning is international, that is, it is acquired as a result of a careful search for information. Learning is also incidental, acquired accidentally or without much effort. . Motivation The concept of motivation is important to learning theory.
Motivation is based on needs and goals.
Motivation act as a spur to learning with needs and goals serving as tumuli.
For example: people who want long life for their children are motivated to learn all they can about the milk, it ingredients and what good it does to your body. People who are not interested in buying the milk ignore all the information about it. The goal object simply has no relevance for them. The degree of relevance or involvement, is critical to how motivated the consumer is to research for knowledge or information about the product.
Consumer motives is one of the prime task of arresters, who then try to teach “motivated” consumer segment why they are product will best fulfill the consumer needs.
2. Cues – If motives serve to stimulate learning, cues are the stimuli that give direction to those motives. In the market place, price, stilling, packaging, advertising and store displays all serve as cues to help consumers fulfill there are needs in product specific ways. Cues serve to direct consumer drives when there are consistent with consumer expectations.
Marketers must be careful to provide to provide cues that do not upset hose expectations. Each aspect of the marketing mix must reinforce the others if cues are to serve has the stimuli that guide consumer actions in the direction sought by the marketer.
3. Response – How individual react to a drive or cue, how they behave, constitutes their response. Learning can occur even if responses are not overt. A response is not tied to a need in a one-to-one fashion. A need or motive may evoke a whole variety of responses. A response is any action, reaction or state of mind resulting from a particular stimulus r cue.
The same response to a stimulus may accrue several times before we can say that the response has been learned. Markets who provide consistent cues to customers may not always succeed in increasing a favorable image of their products in the customers are many, which response they will make depend heavily or reinforcement.
4. Reinforcement – Reinforcement can be defined as a positive or negative outcome that increases the likelihood that a specific behavior will be repeated in the future in response to a particular cue or stimulus.
Reinforcement or reward is the satisfaction resulting from a stressful behavior that triggers human memory tot now the satisfaction was obtained. It can also be viewed as an inducement. The probability that a given response to a specific stimulus will reoccur, given the same stimuli and individual to relate. The response to the stimulus correctly, resulting in repetitive behavior that establishes future behavior. References: book of consumer behavior 5th Edition from the library.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more