How long? 600 words essay
Deadline: May 26th 8pm
How: a Word document.
What & Where? (I already went to a performance, recorded a video of the 3rd dance and uploaded here) Your whole review must and only based on this video:
Below are some instructions that you must follow to write your review. Imagine you are writing a newspaper review about the experience of the performance you just saw. Please keep your observations short, to the point and make it interesting to read.
Details and Guidelines
A. Select one of the pieces from the performance you saw.
B. Answer at least TWO questions from each 5 sections bellow.
C. Write your 600 words essay. (double space) Word document
D. Upload by Saturday or earlier.
Section #1: Describe what you saw (select two)
1. Name the performance, the dancers, the choreographer, the director the time and place of performance, and the description of the piece. (look at the attached files, the info. is there) feel free to use attached files.
2. Comment on theatrical elements of the performance – costumes, props, lighting, and scenery.
3. Describe the performers movement – verbs are the language of dance and performance. Example, one dancer comes running furiously like a tiger, while other jumps like its pray.
4. How the dance fits (complements, counterpoints or contradicts) the music.
5. What is the theme?
Section #2 : Analyze the performance (select three)
1. How was the specific piece you selected organized? Sections, solos, duets, group work…
2. Is there a story or narrative, or is it abstract? Please describe what you understand
3. How did the performance relate to the musical score and the musicians?
4. How are rhythm, speed, and phrasing used? Are they constant or changing?
5. How is the space used? Do the performers stay upright, go to the floor, or upside down?
6. What shapes do the dancers and choreography make (round-linear-soft-hard-symmetrical, etc)
7. What is the energy of the movement (lyrical-aggressive-weighted-light-heavy-sharp-gentle-lush)?
Section #3: Give your reactions about the piece (select two)
1. What did the performance make you think or remember?
2. What was special about it?
Section #4 Give your impressions of the performance (select three)
1. State one good thing about the piece overall.
2. What impression did the performance make on you?
3. Were you moved by this work or the performance? If so, explain how or why not
4. How did it make you feel?
5. In your opinion, did the piece successful or not? And Why?
Section #5: What did you learn from the performance: (select two)
1. Is there anything particularly interesting or inspiring on this performance that you want to talk about?
2. How can you relate what you saw on this performance with any personal history?
3. Anything else you would like to add?
Now, time to decide on an interesting title for your review (if you haven’t done so yet), something that will trigger the reader to read it.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more